Leading up to Super Bowl LIII, Borshoff’s advertising team will share their favorite ad or ad campaign of all time.
The Hershey Company struck gold with what has to be one of the most cost-effective campaigns ever.
The classic peanut butter cups you see on-screen were created digitally — and since then, Reese’s Pieces, Reese’s Eggs and all the other variations of Reese’s products are also digital creations. The animator can simply move these assets around on-screen over simple orange backgrounds, sprinkle in small doses of yellow type and close the spot with an iconic Reese’s logo.
These commercials are produced inexpensively and quickly, allowing Hershey to pour the vast majority of their Reese’s marketing dollars into the media buy. I know you’ve seen multiple versions of these spots—and every time you see them you know it’s Reese’s in the first three seconds it’s on screen. Perfect.
Want to see more of our favorite ads?
- Bring Peace To Your Dinner Table With Fry-bery
- Dominique Gilmour’s Favorite Ad Fuels A Culture Of Unbiased Love
- Sean Chen’s Favorite Ad Inspires Him To Do What He Can’t
- Joe Golc’s Favorite Ad Encourages Him To Do More With Less
- Karen Alter’s Favorite Ad Brings People Together In Unexpected Ways
- Neal Taflinger’s Favorite Ad Transports Him Somewhere West Of Laramie
- This Ad Made Aaron Scamihorn Consider Eating At Taco Bell
- Justin Wojtowicz’s Favorite Ad Delivers An Unexpectedly Nice Gilmorgan
- Megan Fisher Ships Her Pants Every Time She Sees This Ad