Leading up to Super Bowl LIII, Borshoff’s advertising team will share their favorite ad or ad campaign of all time.
It’s not often you find a video of an ostrich learning to fly.
But that’s exactly what Samsung created to promote its Galaxy S8 smartphone. After experiencing a virtual flight simulator with Samsung’s Gear VR headset, an ostrich becomes determined to achieve the impossible and uses the experience to take flight in real life.
The award-winning commercial was part of Samsung’s #DoWhatYouCant campaign, which demonstrates the company’s brand evolution. Moving away from ads that are just product-focused, the campaign emphasized not only the Galaxy S8’s new capabilities, but how Samsung provides human benefits for everyday people. People who, like the ostrich, push the limit and strive to do what they can’t.
Want to see what we can do? Check out our work.
Want to see more of our favorite ads?
- Steve Beard’s Favorite Ad Is Simple And Perfect
- Bring Peace To Your Dinner Table With Fry-bery
- Dominique Gilmour’s Favorite Ad Fuels A Culture Of Unbiased Love
- Joe Golc’s Favorite Ad Encourages Him To Do More With Less
- Karen Alter’s Favorite Ad Brings People Together In Unexpected Ways
- Neal Taflinger’s Favorite Ad Transports Him Somewhere West Of Laramie
- This Ad Made Aaron Scamihorn Consider Eating At Taco Bell
- Justin Wojtowicz’s Favorite Ad Delivers An Unexpectedly Nice Gilmorgan
- Megan Fisher Ships Her Pants Every Time She Sees This Ad