Even though I access almost everything from the internet, I must admit I do my best to avoid being served ads. But when you work in advertising, friends and coworkers tell you about memorable and creative ads. For example, do you remember the “Epic Split” video from Volvo? Of course you do.
I am in awe of the creative team behind that video. Can you even imagine being in the room when someone said, “what if we got Jean-Claude Van Damme to do an epic split while riding on two Volvo semi-trucks?” Of course, the only logical response would be something like, “Well, what song should we use?”
I don’t know about you, but I listened to Enya (artist of the chosen song) for a solid month after seeing that ad. Talk about a lasting impression. It’s amazing what advertisers can do with an expansive budget, untamed creativity and a hardworking team.
Want to see more of our favorite ads?
- Steve Beard’s Favorite Ad Is Simple And Perfect
- Bring Peace To Your Dinner Table With Fry-bery
- Dominique Gilmour’s Favorite Ad Fuels A Culture Of Unbiased Love
- Sean Chen’s Favorite Ad Inspires Him To Do What He Can’t
- Joe Golc’s Favorite Ad Encourages Him To Do More With Less
- Karen Alter’s Favorite Ad Brings People Together In Unexpected Ways
- Neal Taflinger’s Favorite Ad Transports Him Somewhere West Of Laramie
- This Ad Made Aaron Scamihorn Consider Eating At Taco Bell
- Justin Wojtowicz’s Favorite Ad Delivers An Unexpectedly Nice Gilmorgan
- Megan Fisher Ships Her Pants Every Time She Sees This Ad