Leading up to Super Bowl LIII, Borshoff’s advertising team will share their favorite ad or ad campaign of all time.
I’m not usually a Kmart customer (except for my favorite, grandpa Route 66 slippers that I can wear inside AND outside). Then in 2013, they came out with an ad that still makes me “ship my pants” when I think about it. Here it is folks—my favorite ad is Kmart’s Ship My Pants.
It’s punny, it’s funny, it’s bold and it’s just juvenile enough that I can’t help but laugh. It’s also the last type of advertisement I’d expect to come from a safe brand like Kmart. But in the midst of a steady financial decline, it was smart for Kmart to take a risk and have some fun with their advertising—what did they have to lose?
Humorous advertising will get me every time. Even though I’m still not a regular Kmart shopper, when I think of the brand, I think of Route 66 slippers and shipping my pants. If you enjoyed Ship My Pants as much I did, check out Kmart’s follow-up—Big Gas Savings.
Want to see more of our favorite ads?
- Steve Beard’s Favorite Ad Is Simple And Perfect
- Bring Peace To Your Dinner Table With Fry-bery
- Dominique Gilmour’s Favorite Ad Fuels A Culture Of Unbiased Love
- Sean Chen’s Favorite Ad Inspires Him To Do What He Can’t
- Joe Golc’s Favorite Ad Encourages Him To Do More With Less
- Karen Alter’s Favorite Ad Brings People Together In Unexpected Ways
- Neal Taflinger’s Favorite Ad Transports Him Somewhere West Of Laramie
- This Ad Made Aaron Scamihorn Consider Eating At Taco Bell
- Justin Wojtowicz’s Favorite Ad Delivers An Unexpectedly Nice Gilmorgan
- Micah Sitzman’s Favorite Ad Highlights The High Life
- JCVD’s Epic Split Is Ashleigh Lay’s Favorite Ad
- John Ferguson Loves Geico Ads