Justin Wojtowicz’s Favorite Ad Delivers An Unexpectedly Nice Gilmorgan
Leading up to Super Bowl LIII, Borshoff’s advertising team will share their favorite ad or ad campaign of all time.
When asked to choose my favorite ad, I didn’t overthink it or try to come up with the most provocative, profound or powerful ad. I just chose the first ad that popped into my head. Out of the millions of ads I’ve been exposed to, my brain chose to recall this beauty first – Boston Pizza’s “Knock Me Down and Call Me Susan.”
I saw this ad for the first time while visiting a friend in Toronto, with my (now) wife, in 2011. Perhaps it was the tall boys, or just the presence of great company, but I remember cracking up when it came on. We took away, and repeated, several catch phrases from this spot for the rest of my visit. My wife and I continue to quote lines from it even today.
For an ad to still live and breathe as one of my pop-culture references for over seven years says something. And it sold a lot of wings: wing sales went up 160.2 percent and some locations even ran out. Even a year after the campaign, wing sales were double what they were before Carl started his critiques.
So enjoy—there’s nothing to overthink here. Good stuff, Boston Pizza.
Want to see more of our favorite ads?
- Steve Beard’s Favorite Ad Is Simple And Perfect
- Bring Peace To Your Dinner Table With Fry-bery
- Dominique Gilmour’s Favorite Ad Fuels A Culture Of Unbiased Love
- Sean Chen’s Favorite Ad Inspires Him To Do What He Can’t
- Joe Golc’s Favorite Ad Encourages Him To Do More With Less
- Karen Alter’s Favorite Ad Brings People Together In Unexpected Ways
- Neal Taflinger’s Favorite Ad Transports Him Somewhere West Of Laramie
- This Ad Made Aaron Scamihorn Consider Eating At Taco Bell
- Megan Fisher Ships Her Pants Every Time She Sees This Ad
- Micah Sitzman’s Favorite Ad Highlights The High Life
- JCVD’s Epic Split Is Ashleigh Lay’s Favorite Ad
- John Ferguson Loves Geico Ads