Even though I access almost everything from the internet, I must admit I do my best to avoid being served ads. But when you work in advertising, friends and coworkers tell you about memorable and creative ads. For example, do you remember the “Epic Split” video from Volvo? Of course you do.
Print media is lurking in your mailbox. It might already be in your home, showing up at your door day after day, or in your library stacked as neatly as the shelves. But wait—isn’t print dead?
Does your marketing sell the advantages of working with your regional bank or credit union? Or does it reinforce negative stereotypes that prevent people from doing business with you?
The coffee pot in the bank branch is a familiar image. But who actually drinks the coffee? Contemporary banking is about completing a transaction and getting out. Or better yet, making deposits and checking balances on a phone at 2 a.m. But with new café-style branches, Capital One is betting on a different calculus.
- Celebrating a proud past and promising future
- The 7 Deadly Sins of Mediocrity: Takeaways from Todd Henry
- Making the Most Out of Your Internship Program
- Books We Love – Fusion: How Integrating Brand and Culture Powers the World’s Greatest Companies
- Team Snake or Team Sloth – Pick Your Side at the Indianapolis Zoo