Diversity. It’s not that big of a word, but it can have a large meaning. At Borshoff, our definition includes differences of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, lifestyle, age, disability, religion and culture.
My oldest stepson was recently injured in a car accident that left him with two broken legs. He’s recovering very well, but our effort to get him home from Texas and to ensure he could get around in our house left me a lot more appreciative of my own mobility. It also made me realize how many challenges people with disabilities must overcome just to stay “even” with those of us who can move around unaided.
April is National Volunteer Month. If you’re a volunteer who helps make our community a better place to live and work, thank you. And if you’re not yet an active volunteer, what are you waiting for?
Some trends are reflections of cultural swings, some are completely new and some are reinventions of previous styles. Condensed fonts and print textures are definitely of the retro variety. That said, I really like these trends for 2012.
Communications professionals have to be able to deliver their message clearly and memorably. But maybe the greatest impact we can make is when we empower others to be great communicators, too.
- Making the Most Out of Your Internship Program
- Books We Love – Fusion: How Integrating Brand and Culture Powers the World’s Greatest Companies
- Team Snake or Team Sloth – Pick Your Side at the Indianapolis Zoo
- How Bringing Positivity Into The Workplace Creates Better Work
- Reacting In A Crisis: Examples Of How To Respond To Negative Feedback